Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quality vs. Quantity

So, I'm walking thru the Denver airport for connection to Winnipeg where I will be with 200+ tomorrow working on brushing up their selling skills. Two "business people" passed by me and one said to the other 'so, do we need anything for this meeting we are going to?" To which the other guy shrugged his shoulders and said 'beats me'. With all the emphasis currently being placed on expense controls, it made me wonder how we all are doing on "quality controls"? If you are a sales person, are you prepared before making your calls, or merely winging it like these two characters? If you are a sales manager, what are you doing to ensure that your sales people are prepared for their calls. In tighter economic times, I fear too many folks are stressing increased quantity of calls. That won't cut it. The key, now more than ever, is Quality Calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment